Food for Health
Faculty working in Food for Health are seeking to gain a better understanding of the role of nutrition in health and disease.
This includes identifying specific nutrients and bioactive components, determining their optimal levels of intake for disease prevention, and translating these findings into dietary solutions.
Food for Health Faculty Researchers:
- Jamie Baum: dietary proteins, metabolic health
- Navam Hettiarachchy: applied food proteins, protein chemistry
- Luke Howard: nutrition quality, plant-based foods, bioactive compounds
- Sun-Ok Lee: dietary phytochemicals, bioactive compounds
- Hank-Seok Seo: sensory science and consumer testing, eating behavior, food neuropsychophysiology
- Renee Threlfall: enology, viticulture, small fruit processing